Saturday, August 16, 2008

I WANT TO BREAK FREE....










A  rainkissed solitary afternoon

A lonely drive….

A journey has begun..

With no particular destination…

The people I meet have faces ..distinct characters..some past..some present...

I recall them all …

The next moment they all blend into one…

I sink into a deep slumber

I wake up in a cabin by the sea…I can smell the moss

The head is heavy…have I been hit?

But I don’t feel injured..just heady…

I cannot decide whether it is good or bad

Seems like a dream..

My childhood passes by…

The first tricycle…

The first time I felt the slap of a rude math teacher

The colour of pain…it felt purple…

I can see myself run….I feel breathless

The palm of my first love in mine… I feel the warmth

A rush of red in my veins 

The mossy smell gets stronger.

The clouds descend on the cabin…

I am floating on them….

I cross the seas

I see the good. I see the bad…

I feel happy and sad all at the same time

I am now the wall..the graffiti on it ..my life…every brick wears a mark…

The pensive guide by it…

Thou shalt not pee on me..

He will ensure that you don’t

The rains come lashing down

A loud splash…

I jump into the sea…

But I don’t drown …

I swim effortlessly…

I watch the lofty structures being built overhead…

The creature is great..big..and kind…..I think….

I am washed ashore by a big wave

I want to stand on my feet

But I have none…

I am in a net

No!! let me go I scream!!

But no one can understand

 I enter the world of the man…

The big and kind man...is now a hunter

The ugly faces rush back...

And I am hunted

But No…wait…

Its not who you think I am

I will not be hunted

I turn back…

And fight

Tooth and nail 


I will be born today

I will celebrate freedom

Celebrate the undaunted independent spirit

Will break the bondage of my soul

I….will be free!!

 

 

4 comments:

The Ketchup Girl said...

happy independence day!!!! brilliant pics, as usual, and even better poetry!

Unknown said...

Superb work!!!keep it up!!!as i went through it i felt the pulse of it...somewhere i could feel the tug of similar experiences...the photographs and your musings just made me savour it with all my senses...the thirst and hunger for more continues...

Unknown said...

Superb work!!!keep it up!!!as i went through it i felt the pulse of it...somewhere i could feel the tug of similar experiences...the photographs and your musings just made me savour it with all my senses...the thirst and hunger for more continues...

Alivia said...

really great!!!! The photographs very appropriately reflects the theme of the poem.