Monday, August 22, 2011

An Ode to the Poet

(My humble offering to Rabindranath Tagore on his 70th death anniversary)

The flowers smelt sweet, the gentle breeze swayed,
As to your tunes I matched my steps.
As a little girl, I discovered joy!
The journey ahead as time passed by...
I learnt to live with my head held high.
As a young woman, I found my faith.
With more years gone, a bashful maid....
With your words I learnt to love.
In times of sorrow, when I called your name,
You came in silence and eased the pain.
The clock keeps ticking and I here I stand...
With chores unfinished on my hand.
I know not how oh enlightened soul
When you touched my being and made me whole!
Ways of the world I cannot comprehend,
But in your wisdom I do depend.
Oh noble bard! Oh poet of dreams....
In pleasure and pain your lyrics remain!

No comments: